Tuesday, April 24, 2012

101 Running Tips - Tip #1

Running is an all-star calorie crusher, mood enhancer and disease fighter. And those are just a few of running's many benefits. If you have never run before, it can feel intimidating to get out there and start running.

The most difficult obstacle that you need to overcome in order to start running is actually to get out of the couch and start running. You don't need special skills, athletic ability, or even good genes. All you need is a pair of shoes and a little determination.

#1. Accept the Challenge

"Every one is an athlete, but some of us are training and some of us are not"

It is fairly simple, we need to train and we need to run to actually enjoy it. You can't expect to just jump out off the couch one day and run a 20miler after years being idle in front of the television everyday after work.

I remember my first time, 3km and I was out of breath, I questioned myself why people would inflict such pain upon themselves. But I was thankful for that time I have my running partner to rely on, we helped each other. From 3km to 4km the next day; we pushed each other until we manage to complete 10km, timing was never a factor to us.

Now we are not always gasping for air every time we run, and running is more enjoyable.

So what I'm trying to say here, keep on running, and soon enough, running will be enjoyable for you too.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment