Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Addiction

Smoking kills. We all know this, but it is hard to stop.

"Well, it looks like that clinic sorted you right out, Johnny boy. You feeling better?"
"Well, I was. Until I saw youse twos. I'm clean now. Straight, I gave it all up. All but these little bastards." 
Johnny Quid famous line at the end of the movie "RocknRolla", as he walks out from rehab and lights up a smoke; which was referred as the little bastards.

None of us are stupid enough not to believe that smoking kills, that every smoke that we inhale is slowly killing us. We are basically on a timer, one day the heart will stop beating and smoking is only helping in accelerating the timer. Do we want that? I know I don't.

So, slowly and painfully, I'm gonna cut down. It is hard to do it cold turkey. I know I've tried. Some succeeded, but I know it's gonna take me a longer time to quit compared to others.


It's been 8 years now. InsyaAllah if I put my heart to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment