Friday, March 23, 2012

Sub4

Getting better. 
It is normal for us to want to improve ourselves; be it in quality of life, at the workplace, personal well being, relationship with God, appearance, and the list goes on and on.

I appreciate all the small achievements that I have achieved so far. Even being able to wake up early on weekends is an achievement itself. Yes, waking up early is hard for me. A few of my friends can testify on this matter.

Some call it greed (most of us will call it kiasu), some say betterment. I prefer the later. I cant imagine being stationary at one place for a long period of time. It kills me being mundane; doing the same thing day in day out. All of us need a bit of challenge in our daily life. The only thing I miss being in the Audit industry is the challenge that it brings to all of us auditors. Constantly needing to crack our head for all possible solutions, having to come out with our analytical review for every single major transactions a client could possibly have. 

When it comes to running, it is only logical for us wanting to run better; better posture, injury free, faster time, longer endurance et cetera. When I started running, I keep getting knee injury if I run longer than 10km. It goes on for about 6 months before I started my own research, asking fellow runners, going to running stores to get as many opinions as I can. I got my answer one day; when I posted a question on twitter; "Why my knees keep on hurting everytime I run?" Fellow runners retweeted my questions and later during the day; someone replied "Google Pose Method, nothing to lose". The rest is history; now I believe I run better, I land softer, my back is more straight with slight inclination to the front, and my landing is more under my center of gravity.

Then I started to get ankle injuries after every run, which started during Adidas KOTR in 2011. After getting advice from other runners, and after much googling, only then i realised that forefoot running is putting a lot of stress on my ankle. Now I run with mid-foot striking and I am getting less pain in overall.

Oh, why the title is sub4? That is my ultimate goal this year. To run a full marathon under 4 hours. An ambitious goal I think; considering that I've only done one sub4:30. I know it is only 30 minutes differences but it is hard. I need to train a lot more; which is something that I'm lacking at the moment. I'm planning to run right after this entry, but we'll see. So malas.



But again, nothing is impossible no? If you put your heart to it, you can achieve anything under the sun.



No comments:

Post a Comment